Drew Porcello | President
As a seasoned public relations and marketing veteran, Drew takes a consultative approach to understand his client’s needs and then provides results that align with their business objectives. Originally from western New York, he attended the State University of New York at Buffalo where he received his bachelor’s degree in business administration, then went on to earn his master’s of business administration from East Carolina University. Throughout his career he has worked with international brands such as Dunkin’, Sheraton, and AvidXchange. In addition to media training CEO’s and securing placements in several major news outlets, he especially enjoys the human element of public relations, when he can develop meaningful partnerships and impact his community. Drew has served as a member of the board of directors for both Hospitality House of Charlotte and Charlotte American Marketing Association. He also founded PIVOT PR in the fall of 2013. He is the husband to his beautiful wife Jennifer and father to Aevan and Luca. He also loves spending time on Lake Norman, watching the Buffalo Bills occasionally win, and singing along to only the bluesiest country and rock music.
BEYOND THE BIO:
- Drew only missed two days of school, K-12.
- He taught himself how to play the guitar, but he still has a lot of work to do.
- His second cousin is Rick Porcello, the Cy Young winning pitcher for the New York Mets… with whom he’s never met!
Lindsay Haynie | Vice President
Lindsay is an intuitive problem-solver, having honed her public relations, social media and event planning skills in areas ranging from association management to corporate strategy to social events. She began her career at a Nashville public relations firm, working with clients in a variety of industries including automotive, waste management, life sciences, public works and the humanities. Prior to joining PIVOT PR, she led the social media and marketing efforts for a Charlotte-based boutique workout studio. Lindsay also worked as an event planner in Nashville, T.N. serving corporate and social clients at the downtown area’s top venues, ensuring every detail was taken care of and the event was flawless. Throughout her career, she has translated business objectives into success for brands of all sizes from Dunkin’ to the Tennessee Automotive Association to local restaurants and boutique fitness studios. She has secured print, digital and broadcast placements across the Southeast and has developed strong relationships with many of the top influencers in the area. She holds a B.A. in Human & Organizational Development from Vanderbilt University. Lindsay, a Winston-Salem, N.C. native, serves on the Children’s Home Society of North Carolina Leadership Council and volunteers with Heart Math Tutoring.
BEYOND THE BIO
- Lindsay loves to cook and shares her kitchen adventures on Instagram, @in.lulus.kitchen.
- Her happy place is the North Carolina mountains where she spent her childhood summers, married her wonderful husband, Chandler, and now spends any free weekend she has trying to play golf with Chandler and her dad, hiking with the pups and her mom, and fly fishing with her brother.
- Despite her love of the outdoors, she was always the first little soccer player to the water cooler and snacks, but never the first to the goal. Her parents still give her a hard time about it.
Eric Osterhus | Vice President
Eric brings over a decade of experience in marketing and communications, having delivered results in a variety of industries including travel, outdoor recreation, retail, hospitality, and more. His strategic approach guides brands to increased exposure through targeted outreach and brand promotion, while also specializing in crisis communication and media relations. Before joining PIVOT, Eric spent over four years as Brand Communications Manager for the U.S. National Whitewater Center where he directed all public relations efforts on behalf of the organization. His experience pitching to local, regional, and national media outlets has landed placements in Men’s Health and People Magazine, as well as features on the Travel Channel, Discovery, CNN, and more. As a Charlotte native, Eric earned his MBA in Marketing and B.S. in Business Management from the Byrum School of Business at Wingate University, and has served on the Board of Directors for the Charlotte American Marketing Association and Charlotte Outdoor Alliance.
BEYOND THE BIO:
- Eric loves traveling abroad in search of unique outdoor experiences. His adventures have included backpacking through the Andes on Peru’s Inca Trail, rappelling off the cliffs of Australia’s Blue Mountains, and ice climbing over Iceland’s subglacial volcanoes.
- An avid cyclist, he has bikepacked the full length of the Florida Keys and North Carolina’s Outer Banks.
- Eric shares his adventures through writing and photography on Instagram: @eric.osterhus.
Carlie Gasia | PR Director
After graduating Magna Cum Laude from the University of South Carolina with a B.A. in Journalism and Mass Communications, Carlie joined PIVOT PR to pursue her passion for generating great publicity for worthy causes. In addition to her studies, she gained experience while working as an intern at two agencies based in Columbia, South Carolina. Carlie fell in love with public relations specifically in 2019 while studying abroad in Florence, Italy, where she was tasked with generating publicity for an Italian street painting festival known as I Maddonari. Since then, she has made it her mission to contribute to this exciting and fast-paced industry by applying her skills in social media management and creative thinking/writing. Originally from Raleigh, North Carolina, Carlie is thrilled by the opportunity to dive into Charlotte culture and to help make a difference in the local community.
BEYOND THE BIO
- Carlie would eat pesto pasta for every meal if it were nutritionally acceptable.
- She was one round away from being casted as an extra in the Netflix original show Outer Banks.
- Happiest while outdoors and on-the-go, Carlie has participated in a wide variety of sports over the years, including soccer, lacrosse, cross country, swimming, tennis and horseback riding.